The North Carolina Association of Private Investigators, Inc. was chartered in 1987 and is the oldest association of Private Investigators in the State. NCAPI is a non profit Corporation.
- To support and defend the Constitutions of the United States and the State of North Carolina
- To promote and foster the enforcement of law and order
- To improve the individual proficiency of our members in the performance of their duties
- To promote and improve the image of Private Investigators with the public and law enforcement.
- To promote and encourage social, charitable, and educational activities and opportunities among Private Investigators
- To advocate and strive for uniform application of the rules and regulations of the Private Protective Services Board
- To apply to the Private Protective Services Board for changes and improvements in the regulation of Private Investigators
- To create a tradition of Esprit de Corps insuring fidelity to duty under all conditions and circumstances; to promote and maintain the highest ethical practices and standards in the profession of Private Investigator
- To perpetuate a spirit of cooperation among its members and with all those engaged in law enforcement
- To further establish a mutual trust, goodwill, honesty, and friendship among professionals throughout the State of North Carolina and the United States